Friday 8 November 2013

Fabric baubles!



Last year I visited a Christmas tree festival in a nearby town that I absolutely loved. One thing that stood out for me was a tree designed by a local quilting group that had the most wonderful baubles made up of overlapping triangles of fabric that made them look like pine cones I took a sneaky photo and resolved to try something similar myself but didn't have time last year, this year however I started early, I made these two back in October (or it may have even been September!)
 
They were easy to make, simply take a polystyrene ball and starting at the bottom overlap layer upon layer of folded fabric triangles, making sure the next layer hides the raw edges of the last, finished at the top with some Christmassy ribbon and a bow! They look lovely on the tree and are a great way of using up those teeny tiny scraps of Christmas fabric that I just can't bear to throw away!

No comments:

Post a Comment