Thursday 7 November 2013

Pink table DIY

 
Remember this blue table? Well I couldn't resist buying the next size up too and painting this one pink. I love painted furniture! I felt like we needed some more mood lighting in the lounge and of course a table lamp needs a table to sit on. I saw a gorgeous map lamp on pinterest and knew it would be perfect for our map themed room. I'd been hunting around for a traditional shaped wooden lamp base with the idea of painting it (green perhaps?) when my lovely fiancé pointed this one out. At first I thought absolutely not (too manly) but I grew more fond of the idea and now am so glad it's the one we picked, the masculinity of the stand contrasts wonderfully with the pink table!
 
I tore the original pleated fabric from around the lampshade that came with the base and used double sided sticky tape to attach map wrapping paper. I felt it needed something to finish off the edges though and this velvet ribbon was just the thing. I'm so happy with how it turned out, I love it when something is as good in real life as when you imagine it your head (not always the case in my experience!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment